Julian Apple Days Annual Pie Contest – Sept. 22
September 22 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Date of Contest: Friday, September 22, 2017
Place: Julian Woman’s Club, 2607 C Street, Julian
Time: Deliver entries from 10:30 AM to 12:00 noon
NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 12 NOON.
Judging Event Time: 1:00 PM
Cash Prizes: 1st place – $300, 2nd place – $200, 3rd place – $100
Other Prizes: Honorable Mention and Participation ribbons will also be awarded.
Award Winners Announced: By phone
Winners requested to appear: 12 Noon Sunday, September 24th, at Menghini Winery, 1150 Julian Orchards Drive, Julian, CA 92036.
Winners Awards: The Winners will be honored on stage at 1:00 PM. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be awarded prize money at that time.
- Pie entries must be delivered to the Julian Woman’s Club between 10:30 AM and noon, Friday, September 22, 2017
- All entry forms must be completed before arrival at the Julian Woman’s Club clubhouse.
- Only one (1) Apple Pie entry allowed per family.
- The pie ingredients do not have to have only apples, it could include other fruits, i.e.: Apple Berry, or Apple Peach, BUT IT MUST HAVE APPLE IN IT.
- All recipes/entries must be HOME MADE.
- Absolutely NO store purchased entries
- Complete recipe and all ingredients must be listed with entry application.
- Plates, pans, or dishes cannot and will not be returned-use disposable items to hold entries.
- If any of the above items are not followed the entry will be disqualified.
- Left over pieces of the entry pies will be sold at the Apple Days Festival on Saturday, September 23rd. Proceeds will go to benefit the charities of the Julian Woman’s Club.
- Judges from the community will be used: Chef Jeremy from Jeremy’s on the Hill, Barry from Dudley’s Famous Bakery®, Nico Roulston from Candied Apple Pastry Co., and Raul Padilla from California Mountain Bakery.
- Entries will be judged by the following criteria:
- Rules 1-8 followed
- Taste of crust and filling, presentation, and creativity.
- The Judges will not see names, only the recipe card and a number on the entry.
- A point system will be used-in the event of a tie, a special Tie-breaker judge will make the final decision.
- Print Form and submit with your entry when you deliver your pie.
Committee: Contest Chairman – Diana Garrett 760-221-9608
Committee members: Audrey Turner, Priscilla Webb, Ali Kraemer & Diana Garrett