- This event has passed.
Julian Old Fashioned Country Fair Apple Pie Contest September 21, 2018
September 21, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Julian Old Fashioned Country Fair – 11th Annual Apple Pie Contest
Date: September 21, 2018
Time: Deliver entries between 10:30 a.m. and 12:00 noon. Judging at 1:00 p.m.
Where: Julian Woman’s Club, 2607 C Street, Julian
Sponsored by: Julian Chamber of Commerce and Julian Woman’s Club
Award winners notified by phone that afternoon. They will be requested to appear on stage at the Country Fair on Saturday, September 22. First and Second place winners will receive prize money at that time.
Cash prizes: 1st prize – $200, 2nd prize – $100
Other prizes: Honorable Mention.
1. Pie entries must be delivered to the Julian Woman’s Club between 10:30 and noon on Friday, September 21, 2018.
2. Entry and recipe forms must accompany pie or may be filled out at the Clubhouse. Recipe forms must include all ingredients.
3. Only 1 entry per family.
4. Pie ingredients must include apples but may also include other fruits.
5. Pies must be homemade. No store-bought entries.
6. Plates, pans, or dishes cannot be returned.
7. After judging left over pieces of pie will be sold at Country Fair.
8. Judging will be based on following criteria:
a. Above rules are followed.
b. Taste/texture of crust and filling, presentation, and creativity.
c. Judging will be anonymous and done on a point system.
d. Four judges from local bakeries and restaurants will preside.
For further information call: 760-525-8139 or 760-765-0832